Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC C programming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi , im comming from an 8051 background , im going to use PIC16F877 for a line following robot competition.
I wanna know a good c compiler , has PWM libs,ADC..etc
and how to start for programming it ?
and is it easy for someone to get used on it in little time like 2 weeks?

thanks

My recommendation is do not use the 16F series with C. There are few compilers and they're not very good because the core does is not C-friendly.

Use the 18F series. In this case you can go to Microchip, download their FREE MCC18 compiler, straightforward install into MPLAB's IDE, plenty of support out there, and you're good to go. 18F are better, more powerful parts anyways. 18F2620 (28 pin)/18F4620 (40 pin) are big general purpose parts that I used awhile back, there are newer ones since then though, might even be obsolete by now. Just browse the parts list on Microchip.

I'd highly recommend the CCS compiler.. I use this myself and it works beutifully for all pics I have tried (16F, 18F, etc..). It has routines built in for most (all?) of the peripherals in each PIC.

The only set back is that the compiler isn't free, but if you look real hard on the net, you may be able to find a version of it for download.

yea
is GCC easy to use ?
i want to port 8051 C codes to it ...

i tried mikroC its so bad , has many bugs and not good .. right ?

I like Hi-tech PICC-Lite. It's free and the latest version comes with an IDE. It also has a bunch of sample code included. I did end up finding some better delay code online and I adapted the LCD library to allow for easy configuration using the same settings PicBasic does.

Melissa

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back