Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic Basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

m.levin

Can anyone help? cause you can ;)
I have been using MPLabs for programming but have got a few books for PIC basic. what is the best easiest PIC Basic freeware:confused:

Thanks
Martin Levin

I like Mikroe MikroBASIC's demo, only limited in code size.

There is a (think it is) greatcows BASIC as well which is freeware.

Do not plan on MPLABS with a few of them. Unless you load the ASM and LST files to debug.

BoostBASIC way back hooked into MPLABS, not sure if they ever finished the project, I sort of grew tired waiting on them. If you go with the 18F chips, Swordfish is another good one to look at.

At £99, Proton Development Suite is almost free, as it offers lifetime free updates (like I wish a well known 3D Cad package did, that I have to part with £1000 a year for updates :( ) And the forum is very helpful
But its each to their own I guess :)

Regards
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back