Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC and USB - HELP !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebeng

Hello everybody...

This is my first post, I've newly registered to this forum.
I have been using PIC 16F877, until i wanted to do a simple application with USB interface. After searching, i found that the PIC18F4550 can do USB interfacing, but i have no idea about using this feature.

The application i'd like to do is simple. for example, just to send data from the PIC to the computer and vice versa.

Can i get any help?

Thank you Mike,

Im sorry for bothering. the pic code supplied is written on C compiler. iam not familiar with writing such codes i have used on PIC BASIC. do u have any idea about configuring USB on PIC BASIC?

Have you tried Swordfish? It's a modern structured modular language not some ancient BASIC like the old Commodore PET.

I've no problem with BASIC of any kind, and modern BASIC's are more like Pascal (my language of choice) than BASIC anyway.

But while assembler is the preferred language for 16F series, C is the preferred language for the 18F series - even though I don't like C. This is simply based on what MicroChip provide for free, and what their application notes are written using.

Ok people , who will help me to start learning C for PIC?
I'm a good C programmer, but have never tried to write a PIC program on C and i dont even know the program structure, do any have info about how to start?

Microchips sample USB code is so vast and spread over so many files that it is almost impossible to figure out what it is doing. Look at the link I posted earlier, that contains 2 files rather than the 57 that Microchip supply.

Mike.

Hi everybody in the thread!

I hope this is not hijacking it. I've read a lot on the matter and two expression are puzzling me a lot: "framework" and "stack".

Could anyone explain them when used in the current context?

Does it apply to, for example, TCP/IP stack, .NET framework?

Confused to say the least.

Don't worry ..

Don't worry about this expressions. They don't attach much importance. Replace them in mind with a "set of programs or routines" belonging together for a particular purpose. Only advertising slogans.;)

Have any body heard about PROTON + ?????

This is a simple PIC programming language, How is it with USB ?

I hope this is not hijacking it. I've read a lot on the matter and two expression are puzzling me a lot: "framework" and "stack

Framework is a general term for a set of code and data structures you would use to build an application. Think of it as the bones of an application, You add code to "personalize" it to your needs. Like microsoft .NET framework. The idea is that all the common code is already done and you just have to add the parts that are specific to your application.

A stack generally refers to an implementation of a layered communication protocol but can reply to other layered things as well. You will hear people talk about a TCP/IP, USB or Bluetooth Stack. That simply means the code you will use to talk over TCP/IP, USB or BT.

Hello Again, I found a different PIC that can perform USB connection PIC16C745 I think dealing with this PIC is simpler, and the Help of PROTON IDE includes information about.
I have read the term "Descriptor" can anybody figure out the meaning of this expression?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back