Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC and Bluetooth Parani ESD200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manor_Villages

I was wondering if anyone could help me out here.
I have two bluetooth devices. One is a esd parani200 and the other is a bluetooth dongle. I want to activate my dongle using the esd200 using the PIC.I know how to use AT commands but dont really have a clue about how i would program the PIC to carry out these At commands so that a basic connection with the dongle can be acheived. I use CCS compiler for programming the PIC. Should I just send the AT commands string commands? What about the buffers used?

Well I know how to make connections using hyper terminal but not sure how I would use the at commands when I intialise the PIC. I mean do i just use Printf and type in the ATcommand or do i need to use some other functions to do this? Please help :)

You have to setup the UART on the PIC, read the PDF for your PIC and look for code examples on the net, there are MANY out there already just look using google for a while.

Last edited:
I tried a basic program to change my mode from mode 0 to mode 3and it doesnt work. dont know whats wrong. since i am using pic millenium board and there are ports on it i used port C (PIN_C6) to transmit and PINC_7 to receive. I then tried to search for bluetooth devices using my bluetooth dongle and if the parani had changed its mode to 3 the dongle should have discovered the parani esd200 which obviously it didnt. the code given below doest give me any error and I have programmed it onto my PIC16F877A but it doesnt work
#include <16F877A.H>
#fuses XT,NOWDT,NOPROTECT,BROWNOUT,PUT,NOLVP
#use delay (clock=4000000)
#use rs232(baud=9600, xmit=PIN_C6, rcv=PIN_C7, parity=N,bits=8)
#include<stdio.h>
#include <lcd.c>
void main()
{
printf("AT+BTMODE,3 /n");
while(10
}

Ok, I am getting a response from the parani esd200 but this happends only for 1 line of AT commands. I tried connecting the receive wire to the rs232 which goes to my pc and I am getting Ok status on hyper terminal. But this only happens for one line of code if I add additional code such as given below it does not give me any response (ok, disconnect, error). Would this be because of my delay is too short or am i missing something in my code?
printf("AT+BTINQ?");
delay_ms(2000);
printf("AT+BTINFO?");
delay_ms(2000);

That depends on if your receive routine is hardware or software. During that 2 second delay your software uart isn't going to be able to receive anything unless reception is interupt activated. What is the 2 second delay for? if anything I'd say it's WAY too long not short.

Last edited:
hai frnds

i m doing ma final project ,robot on whels its wirless controlled by bluetooth using parani esd 200/210.

can u help me by giving ur advices ,i m new to this topic and i m usin microcontrller pic18f25k22

thank u

This is what happens when you bolt on to the end of someone else's thread.... Communicating with bluetooth devices is relatively easy... Check the answers given by the post replies... Have you checked the link out in post #4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back