Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC 18F2680 SPI trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

futz

Anyone else do hardware SPI with a 18F2680 lately? On Page 191 the datasheet clearly states that the SDI pin's TRIS is controlled by the SPI module - "SDI is automatically controlled by the SPI module", same as on other 18F's I've used SPI with.

I ported working 18F2523 code (with SDI set as an output) to the 2680 and it wouldn't work. But when I set the SDI pin as an input it works perfect.

I've been through all the datasheet and silicon errata sheets and I see no mention of this problem. Think I should triple check my results and let Microchip know? Or am I completely missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back