Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

phillips tv 26PF3320/01 defaults to standby

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallyboyes

I have a Phillips flat screen tv. The power on switch on the side stopped working so we decided to use the standby on the remote, this now will not allow the tv to switch on. Pressing the power button on the remote shows a green which then changes to red time after time any ideas anyone.
I am a pensioner in Tenerife without Spanish very difficult to explain.

Wally Boyes

One of the main ways LCD displays fail and display these kinds of symptoms is a bad CFL driver (the backlight) You can generally find this out by disassembling the monitor and taking a good look at the driver board for bulging capacitors or burnt components. You can typically purchase replacement driver boards however this is not garunteed to fix the problem. Given the price point of 26 inch TV's it's very likley more practical to simply purchase a new TV than deal with the non functioning one.

Here is a link to this thread that is fed through Google Translate from English to Spanish if it helps you understand the post any better.

Last edited:
You could be lucky like me when fixing a friends 22" Philips with a power startup problem, audio was bad too. Took the back off and found three puffed capacitors on the output stages of the three switching power supplies. Replaced the caps with quality Panasonic FR series, and it worked like a charm, $5 fix.

I wish that'd happened to me nickelflippr, my brother in law recently gave me a monitor that was on the fritz, I was hoping it was like that, turned out that the lower two of four CFL tubes had cracked and was dead shorting to the chasis. Unfortunately the design of the display required disassembly all the way down to the fundamental LCD layer in order to get to the CFL tubes and by that point any reassembly would have had to have been done in a clean room.

Then again I'm not that sorry because I know the entire power supply board and CFL drivers work (tested) To the great bit bin in my basement it goes!... I'm running out of shelf space!

@Sceadwian
Tough luck on the cfl's, the upside is that parts for these new tv's seem to have a pretty active market. I had to replace the cfl tube in my laptop, not a lot fun, but didn't have to tear into the screen either.

nickel, I was highly disappointed, my brother in law gives me a lot of dead devices, all other previous devices were dead on arrival from various causes, and I have many good boards and components from them. I was hoping this would be the one that I could hand back to him repaired to justify the raw value of what he's given me.

Dead is dead though, you can't fix broken, and repair is... subjective. I COULD have strapped a couple 100 watt bulbs to the back of it and be done with it, the LCD itself was fully functional.

Sad, and I'd cry about the waste except that I've recycled all but the external front portion of the frame into my bits bins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back