Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

philips amplifier fa960

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps you should email the origional poster.

This thread is over three years old, some how I think he gave up all hope on a response a long time ago.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

what's another three years...

Well Hero999, (also devidable by 3..)

I think you might be right :p
Thanks for the insight!

And for welcoming me...

Yvo

does it employ vacuum tubes? ;)

Not that I know of; how can I be shure?
Should I stun the gun to find out? :confused:

I don't believe it. I worked for Philips long ago and learned all about their transistors and ICs.
Every part in that Philips amplifier is Japanese. Philips is Dutch, not Japanese.

Like the Blaupunct car radio I bought for my German car. The service manual had the Chinese manufacturer's name crossed out. Blaupunct is German, not Chinese.

I know, most of the good old American hi-fi manufacturers are now owned by the Japanese.

audioguru said:
I don't believe it. I worked for Philips long ago and learned all about their transistors and ICs.
Every part in that Philips amplifier is Japanese. Philips is Dutch, not Japanese.

Like the Blaupunct car radio I bought for my German car. The service manual had the Chinese manufacturer's name crossed out. Blaupunct is German, not Chinese.

I know, most of the good old American hi-fi manufacturers are now owned by the Japanese.

Nope, wrong, its the other way around.

Marantz was owned bye philips untill 2001, thats why we have an amp made by Philips Japan the FA960.

I didn't know that Philips owned Marantz for a while. Now Marantz is owned by D&M Holdings of Japan who also own Denon, McIntosh and Boston Acoustics.

Philips recently bought Lumileds, the makers of the very powerful Luxion LEDs.

Harmon Kardon, JBL and many more world-wide hi-fi manufacturers are owned by Harmon International. I couldn't find the country of their head office.

Alvoll

AllVol said:
Ja, mein herr. Danke.

AlLvoll, are you German? I'm Dutch.

Seriously, if you guys are looking for info on Philips, manuals, Hifi history and background, MFB (motional feedback) is the site. And no i,m not a hardcore member, i'm just a member for two weeks. They even have a webshop for hard to get parts.

Last edited:
audioguru said:
I didn't know that Philips owned Marantz for a while.

Philips owned Marantz for a long time, all Marantz equipment was just badged Philips stuff - eventually they realised it was just a way to lose more money, so sold the name again.

Good stuff

Nigel Goodwin said:
...they realised it was just a way to lose more money......
Losing money because it's good stuff.

Buy only one in a lifetime :)
I bought my Marantz equipment +20 years ago and it's still working (small problem with pot meters now, see other thread) for the rest all ok :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back