Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Philips 330 delay-line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric Rain

I've heard that these parts are hard to find... everyone says so. I agree. I really bad need a "Philips 330 delay-line" chip. They say a good place to look is inside a TV. But I need a supplier. I need more than just one. So does anyone know where I can find one?

Is it a 330ns delay line? Does it have to be made by Philips? You might get better responses if you give some more info. For instance, where do you plan to use it?

Alright then, this is what I need it for: **broken link removed**

And yes, I did mean 330ns. :oops: Thanks motion!

Electric Rain

Yeah... umm.............. I can't find the Motorola MC1377P chip
or the chroma bandpass transformer either. :shock: What the heck... :cry: Stupid converter.

Here is a link to alternative ways to convert VGA to TV signals:

**broken link removed**

:? Yeah, the only thing with that is the IC's have like... 128 pins. :shock: Could I find a good delay line inside a TV at a junkyard or something? And what about the Motorola chip and the transformer? ...I ... just asked the same question over again didn't I? :lol: :D :) :| :( :cry: Well, I need these parts 'cause I really bad would like to go with the schematics I had before. And oh yeah, I don't need a supplier. Forget that. I only need one of all of these things. I was going to sell these on my future website, but I'm just going to build one for my own use. 'Sides, those schematics are free and I don't think I could sell them anyway unless I either got the creators permission, or came up with my own. :roll: So please help me. :) Thank you everyone,

Electric Rain

I heard sometimes they use 300ns, or 400ns... The guy at that website said that "Motorola suggests a 400ns delay line, though it seems 330ns are more common here in Europe." Thing with that is, I live in the USA, so does anyone know what I could use in place of the 330ns? :? I'm sorry to be such a bother, but this project is quite important. Should I go to a TV repair shop and see if I can find something? Maybe I could buy a $20 broken down TV and then I should also be able to get the coil out of it too. And I tried very hard to find the Motorola chip at google too, but that's not showing up either. :roll: And motion... if I offended you at all by basically blowing off your web page suggestion, I'm sorry, and I didn't mean it. But I just can't deal with those complex chips. :?

If you can't find a replacement for the motorola part, there is the similar philips TDA8501. It also requires a delay line.

Regarding the delay line, I think its purpose is to shift the color sub carrier (3.58Mhz for NTSC) so that the hue is correctly matched to the standard. You can try using a series of cmos gates (CD4069) to act as a phase shifter or try the transformer. Of course, a SAW delay line gives a much more consistent phase shift and consistent hue.

I vaguely remember working on the motorola chip over 5 years ago and the delay line was a problem then. It was much easier working with the Philips digital video parts.

If you need parts, then your best change would be to use parts from an existing VGA to TV converter. A TV would be converting composite video to an RGB signal.

why do you need that specific delay line? Any delay line should do as long as it has the right timing

330ns

Well, here's the thing... I don't know anything about this circuit. All I know is that the guy said to use a Philips 330ns delay-line. So if you are saying that I can use any brand, then please be sure of it because I don't want to blow up a $300 TV. :lol: So, can I? :) Please tell me.

MC1377P

Rain, I found a MC1377P in my parts collection. I have no use for it, and I'd be glad to send it your way if PM me with a mailing address. Also, Dallas makes a family of silicon delay lines,

**broken link removed**

You can get these through digi-key, the DS1000-500 will give you 300nS and 400nS taps. - CAL

Unfortunately the digital delay made for RAM-refresh (CAS,RAS) pulse delaying.For video applications need analog delay line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back