Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phase-Shift Oscillator ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

randolfo

I have this circuit, phase-shift oscillator (see attached). I don't know which of the following choices are the frequency-determining components?

1) R2 and R5
2) R1 and R2
3) C1 and R3
4) R1 and C4

I am confused on the two choices 3 and 4 , I am not sure which one to go to? Could you please give me an insights on these two? I am inclined to choose no. 4, hopefully you will help me clear my confusion.. Thank you.

Attachments

• circuit2.JPG
    circuit2.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 834
R2 is in parallel with R5.

Attachments

• phase-shift oscillator2.PNG
    phase-shift oscillator2.PNG
    256.8 KB · Views: 1,900
Thanks for the reply . I became confused with the circuit , is it phase-shift oscillator or wien bridge oscillator?

You can also look in Google to see a Wien Bridge oscillator that is different.

If you read the link I provided in my first post, you can read all about phase shift and wien bridge oscillators.

R2 is the input impedance of the inverting opamp circuit. It is effectively in parallel with R5 so affects the frequency and amount of phase shift.

Maybe you should add a buffer opamp (that has a high input impedance) so that R5 is not loaded down and the new opamp drives R2.

Good idea.
But the oscillator has highpass phase-shift networks that boost distortion. The distortion will be pretty high anyway since there is nothing to keep the opamp from clipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back