Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PG7 gland 'blanking plug'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
Has anyone seen a source of blanking 'plugs' for PG7 glands - one that simply slides in the end of the PG7 in place of the cable, for an unused connection. They look like a small 'mushroom', and you simply loosen the PG7, remove the blank, and insert the cable.

We've got a few here on a piece of commercial equipment, but I can't seem to find them anywhere? - all I can find is a screw blanking plug that replaces the entire PG7.

Here's a couple of pictures of what it looks like.
blank1.png
blank2.png

Newark / Element 14 has some. Search for PG7 Plug

I've seen a short piece of plastic rod used for the same purpose, with the end flush with the gland.

I've seen a short piece of plastic rod used for the same purpose, with the end flush with the gland.

Unfortunately these will be used by people who 'dig holes in the road', so their technical abilities are pretty low - we really need to give them something they are already used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back