• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PG7 gland 'blanking plug'

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
Thread starter #1
Has anyone seen a source of blanking 'plugs' for PG7 glands - one that simply slides in the end of the PG7 in place of the cable, for an unused connection. They look like a small 'mushroom', and you simply loosen the PG7, remove the blank, and insert the cable.

We've got a few here on a piece of commercial equipment, but I can't seem to find them anywhere? - all I can find is a screw blanking plug that replaces the entire PG7.

Here's a couple of pictures of what it looks like.
blank1.png blank2.png


Super Moderator
Newark / Element 14 has some. Search for PG7 Plug


Well-Known Member
Most Helpful Member
I've seen a short piece of plastic rod used for the same purpose, with the end flush with the gland.

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles