Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pdf file corruped

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenMiller

I open a pdf file with foxit or adobe ,then erro message: format error: not a pdf or corrupted
I tried many repair programs but no success.
There is no possibility again download this files.
Pls quick help.

Since you're not providing the actual file - I take a guess:

You've used a download manager, but the download page use javascript and aren't compatible with your download manager, so what you've downloaded is actually just some few lines html code. The file size is probably too small too - that would pretty much confirm my guess.

I know what follows is not directly related but, just in case...

In my tablet, it is frequent that when I try to open some .pdf files, Acrobat reader says they have some error. If then, I go to another reader, they open with no troubles. The reason seems to be the software that generated the .pdf which probably did not comply with ALL the details in the standard but in practice, it works.

That's why I keep the option to use different readers and I am not stuck to Adobe reader exclusively.

This post is following the same format as a slew of spammers recently. Someone else (new member, first post) will answer with a link to some software you download and install that supposedly solves the problem. It's always difficult to tell if these threads are legitimate or not, but I am willing to bet this is going to be deleted as spam. Just to warn you folks.

Matt

So there is a possible pattern here?

That's not neccesarily a bad thing. One could come up with a new betting game - to put money on the odds for OP will continue to post in this thread.

So the issue here is (at least I feel so) - a new one joins the forum, Should one try it's best to provide help - or should one let the tread die because the question is not quite relevant?
This case, we talk about a problem that would be more in the scope of thomshardware or some other forum for generic windows software problems. That is actually the first thing OP ask about, so I'd be best to just not bothering to answer.

So there is a possible pattern here?

That's not neccesarily a bad thing. One could come up with a new betting game - to put money on the odds for OP will continue to post in this thread.

So the issue here is (at least I feel so) - a new one joins the forum, Should one try it's best to provide help - or should one let the tread die because the question is not quite relevant?
This case, we talk about a problem that would be more in the scope of thomshardware or some other forum for generic windows software problems. That is actually the first thing OP ask about, so I'd be best to just not bothering to answer.

Unfortunately it's not just a matter of the question being "relevant" or not. It's a matter of it being spam. As you know we have a very strict no-spam policy here, and we generally urge members to not respond to spammers. I understand your point of view, but generally if you see a question such as this, asking about a "corrupted file" or the like, we recommend leaving it alone. So far every single question like this that we've seen has turned out to be spam.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back