Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

.PDF Attachments - Why SAVE only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepItSimpleStupid

Most Helpful Member
I noticed that certain PDF's cant be opened in the browser. Any reason why?

EDIT: Added certain

Last edited:
All PDF viewers have Preferences to view in browser

KISS, for what it's worth, Vista (current) with FF39.0, opens that particular .pdf you posted just fine.

I can't view it straight from ETO either. But saving it to Desktop then try and open it. Then it can be viewed.

Hi Kiss

This may be nothing to do with it, but I don't think that second link is presented as a pdf .. .. ..

The end of the string .. .. 600b sch-pdf. 93484/ To my mind, nowhere is it defined as a PDF file ie title.pdf

Maybe ?

S

Rather common forum recurrence I am familiar with,
It has to do with config/association settings on your computer & browser. (.pdf vs .pdf.xxx). Mentioned earlier.
Not something paid a whole lot of attention to nowadays.

As long as it is a valid(non corrupted) file ending with just a .pdf and your browser is auto-associated with a PDF viewer, it will open up.
Otherwise it does not know on what application to use thereby prompting the save dialog.

Those w/out a problem opening the file, indicate that at some browsing/opening point they must have "always- associate" it with a PDF viewer.

In the two links above, the first is received with a type of application/pdf and the second is labelled as application/octet-stream (and has a disposition of attachment).

When dealing with Android, recently, I run across a type of .pdf that is not anything you could view as portable document format file. ??

As far as a pdf portable reader, I have found that PDF-xchange to be one of the best.
Not sure about the Android compatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back