Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pcb

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdanfirst

i tried many types of programs to desigh pcbs but many dont work
i have eagle now. so i am now thaking to those who use or have used it.
i know how to make 2 layer pcbs but i have simple schematics that i want to use only one layer, on one side of the PCB would be the components and on the other the copper links.
so i anyone knows how to make the programm desigb single sided pcbs, please tell me 2

It's not like your printer spits out pcb. Just try to draw the schematic on one side(you could do it by hand, or etching) and run it through acid. On side will just be board and the other will have the foils on it.

well, its not about how i print the PCB, it how the program designe it, because it uses copper lines on both sides, but all the PCBs i got(balnk) are only single layer. and the schematics i buit, some amps and 555 timer circuits, can be made on single side PCB, but the program makes the pcb so that i have to draw lines on both sides and make circuits,
so i must make it draw all the lines on one side

As I was trying to say. If you are not to worried about the looks of your board, you can just use a permenant marker, and draw your circuit on the pcb board.

you still dont understand.
the programm designs the pcb so that i have to make circuit lines on both sides, but the boards i have have copper on only one side, and the schematic i am trying to build is too simple to use a double sides pcb
i am not worried about how the pcb looks, because i am not such a good drawer, so they dont come out so good

Go to the Cadsoft website.

There is a ulp to force the autorouter into singlesided mode.

I don't know if it works with all versions of Eagle but it's worth a try.

Good Luck.

:lol:

sorry for the miss understanding bogdanfirst. :)

If you are using Auto-router just disable Top layer and it will try to route on bottom only. Or if jumpers on top are okay for you, use keep-out regions around your components so that upper tracks are placed away from them. Then you can use top layer tracks as jumpers.

well i solved the problem actually it was more complicated than i thought but it was good that the program had an example and i took the desigh rules from there.
anyway, thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back