Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a number of boards made by:
**broken link removed**
The $99 155 sq in special is pretty handy, and they do great work. This is the same place BatchPCB.com uses for all of their orders. After I got tired of LONG waits and $60 for two boards, I started going directly through them and have been quite happy paying the hundred for 20-40 boards. Quick FedEx shipping, about two weeks from placing order to arrival at my door. I haven't used their assembly service or the multi-project panel options, so I dont have anything to say about those.

Last edited:
If you want Homemade PCB then collect few things before start:
1. Overheat protection transparency ****
2. PC Board Etching Solution
3. FeCl3
4. Light sensitive board
5. Nail polish Remover
three PCB 2.5"x3.8" boards for about below $60
Not sure if this will work **broken link removed** but they say they've got something like you need.

Last edited:
Here's a good summary of PCB fab houses that I've had experience with:

PCB Fabrication Sources

Several of the Chineese vendors will supply boards up to 100mm x 100mm, routed to any shape you want for $25 for 10 copies.

Elecrow offers v-scoring for a small up-charge based on the number of boards on the panel.

In order to use the services listed in the above article, you need to supply Gerber files.

It's true. No matter if you're a Windows, Mac or Linux user, the EagleCAD user interface is a bit confusing. If you take the time to get past the initial confusion, it works well.

I conducted a couple tutorial sessions at a local hackerspace for a bunch of people who had tried to use Eagle but had given up in frustration. In two 2-hour sessions, everybody was passed the road blocks and able to create boards. The course materials are here:

Eagle Tutorial

Oops, sorry for adding to a 5 year old thread! I didn't notice the dates on all but the recent posts.

At any rate, the article on PCB fabrication sources is as up-to-date as can be in an evolving marketplace, and the deals available these days are unbelievable to the situation of even a few years ago.

I hope people will find the article and the Eagle tutorial useful.

My last three orders, that did not require two day return, were from oshpark.com
There are slow. $5.00 US/inch^2 for three boards. For my small boards its $20 to $30 for 3 boards. ($10/inch^2 for 4 layer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back