Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pcb layout software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no 40?That is too much:D I'm mostly using 1.27 grid size.

3v0

Do you use the eagle professional pack or the lite series?I like eagles library...........
I was earlier using Eagle for editing the already given layout s, from friends. After seeing the Eagle related thread, I started sketching a schematic of gtp-usb programmer.
But I could not find USB B type socket. I am using the lite version 4.16R2. However USB-A(all pins in a row) type is available in con-amp library. Feel that they haven't released full library.

I too had problems finding parts at first. You should get the hang of it after a few boards. One trick is to build you own custom lib with the parts you frequently use. That makes it very easy.

Gayan,
I use Eagle Lite.

Sarma,
You can find it in the Eagle libs by searching for USB.
The part exists in con-berg and maybe a few other libs.
Sparkfun has it in their collection of parts too

The Eagle site has a full page of library parts uploaded by users and you can find more by searching the web.

I suggest upgrading to ver 5. The UI is a bit closer to what people expect to see.

I was earlier using Eagle for editing the already given layout s, from friends. After seeing the Eagle related thread, I started sketching a schematic of gtp-usb programmer.
But I could not find USB B type socket. I am using the lite version 4.16R2. However USB-A(all pins in a row) type is available in con-amp library. Feel that they haven't released full library.

Last edited:
Isn't the Eagle lite version limited to 1 page schematics?

Isn't the Eagle lite version limited to 1 page schematics?
Yes. I think the size of that page is +-33 inches. That would be a 66 by 66 inch schematic. Not as good a multiple pages but not much of a limit on the circuit.

For school I save schematics as PDF files and print them out poster size. This makes me think that you could put lines on the page to indicate sub pages. If you put the lines in the right place the printer would print each subpage on its own sheet of paper. Have not tried it.

If you put the lines in the right place the printer would print each subpage on its own sheet of paper.
Yep, I've tried it and you have to move the "pages" around a bit but once they're located it works great.

I use Eagle 5 for everything, on Linux of course.

I have a shared Virtual Machine, do my programing in Pascal, compile. My script running in a cronjob picks up the file and burns it via pk2cmd :)

Works for me..

Last edited:
What are you using Pascal for? I had a Heathkit H11 with UCSD Pascal (pcode) back in the days prior to the PC. It was a screamer and Pascal was great.

I use Eagle 5 for everything, on Linux of course.

I have a shared Virtual Machine, do my programing in Pascal, compile. My script running in a cronjob picks up the file and burns it via pk2cmd :)

Works for me..

Last edited:
What are you using Pascal for? I had a Heathkit H11 with UCSD Pascal (pcode) back in the days prior to the PC. It was a screamer and Pascal was great.

Was Lincoln really that tall? lol :)

Hi 3V0 because of you I start doing a schematic capture from it.Earlier I was doing some boards from eagle, but not via the schematic.

Yesterday I tested a schematic capture. OMG its hell of a messy man I don't no much about it how to arrange it nicer? Wires are all over the places.

I never used Eagle, but if it is like most sw, you have an autoroute feature that at least cleans up the mess a bit. You might have to declare a few layout rules in the software.

Hi 3V0 because of you I start doing a schematic capture from it.Earlier I was doing some boards from eagle, but not via the schematic.

Yesterday I tested a schematic capture. OMG its hell of a messy man I don't no much about it how to arrange it nicer? Wires are all over the places.

Drawing a schematic is about the same regardless of the tool. It takes a while to get the hang of where to put what and how to run the wires.

One nice this is that if you have two wire/lines with the same name they will be connected on the board. The most common example of this is VSS and VDD. Instead of connecting all of them together you run a short line from the pin to a label or symbol and then name the wire.

Eagle also supports the use of buses on the schematic. Works great for uC ports and such, fewer wires on the page.

If you want suggestions attach the schematic file in a zip and I will take a look at it.

Last edited:
Hi 3V0 thanks for the info.Yup I have to hang a bit with it.

I didn't get that your 2nd paragraph anyway I'll start my own new thread about schematic capture & I'll upload the schematic & I like to know how to do a clean PCB without messing up the parts using schematic capture.

See you there............:)

I am using it as my compiler for Micros in this case;

mikroPascal

-BaC

I too had problems finding parts at first. You should get the hang of it after a few boards. One trick is to build you own custom lib with the parts you frequently use. That makes it very easy.

Gayan,
I use Eagle Lite.

Sarma,
You can find it in the Eagle libs by searching for USB.
The part exists in con-berg and maybe a few other libs.
Sparkfun has it in their collection of parts too

The Eagle site has a full page of library parts uploaded by users and you can find more by searching the web.

I suggest upgrading to ver 5. The UI is a bit closer to what people expect to see.

Thanks 3v0, I got it from con-berg list. Great.
I have been using PCB123 for my hobby work and I was rather reluctant to use Eagle, till a friend asked me 'why not'? The the recent post motivated me to try it. thanks to you and Gayan.
item search did not yield with the term usb. It took me only to con-amp

I do not know why your search did not work.

Each search in the Eagle lib is a search of the last found items.

To start a new search hit return with the search text box empty.
That will find everything.
The enter the string you are looking for in the search box.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back