Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Layout Puzzle

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may want to experiment with rotating the entire component 90° if you're able in your design. You maybe could get a little bit better results then the other ones.

Last edited:
Got it down to three jumpers (green lines) without the traces being all over the place and nearly impossible to follow.
However, I may not be able to use it. To many traces outside of red lines.
There is only so much space on the circuit board for traces without their being so small I can not image them.
Still, an interesting layout.

Wow. That is very interesting. I will need to study it more.
Not sure I can get three traces between the pads as they are only 0.10" apart.
The images on this site are greatly enlarged.

EDIT: pads center to center are 0.10" apart. I try to keep only 1 trace between the pads other wise the traces are too thin.

Last edited:
Well the thread has been running a week, you could have ordered double sided boards from China and you'd have them by now! :D

I ordered boards last Monday afternoon, they arrived Friday morning.

Well the thread has been running a week, you could have ordered double sided boards from China and you'd have them by now! :D

I ordered boards last Monday afternoon, they arrived Friday morning.

LOL. Mostly fun now. I only have a few boards and for simplicity I'll use jumpers if need be.

If I had ordered them, do they plate through the holes to connect the jumpers on the other side?
I do not know how to do that.

If I had ordered them, do they plate through the holes to connect the jumpers on the other side?

Yes they do, and more than two layers if you want.

It's easy to do - you use an expensive professional machine to do it :D

If you want to see how it's done?, have a look here:

Plated holes is standard. You wouldn't need jumpers if you ordered a two-sided pcb though

Yes they do, and more than two layers if you want.

It's easy to do - you use an expensive professional machine to do it :D

If you want to see how it's done?, have a look here:

Is this the company you order from?
I would guess you need to give them some sort of a layout they can use.
How do you go about doing that?

Is this the company you order from?
I would guess you need to give them some sort of a layout they can use.
How do you go about doing that?

I use DesignSpark, which is free from RS Components.

And yes, I use JLCPCB all the time, excellent quality and prototype turn round 5-7 days - as long as you pay for DHL shipping.

Small production runs, I had 600 the other week, took about 10 days - again, DHL is what makes it fast - the shipping was about half of the total cost.

Thanks for the replies. Suggestions are what I was looking for.

I just tried TinyCad. Not too bad. bit of a learning curve as with
anything new but I think I could manage it.

I will now try the DesignSpark and Kicad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back