Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB layout help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drew a few custom devices in Eagle. One of them was a 2N7000.

If you unzip the attachment (lbr files aren't allowed) into your LBR folder then you should find a new library called Mikes-Custom.

Mike.

Last edited:
I feel PCB123 from Sunstone Circuits, is also good and easy to learn.the support is good and when wanted they make the PCBs once we mail them the artwork at some defined charges. Perhaps worth trying.

Pommie said:
I drew a few custom devices in Eagle. One of them was a 2N7000.

If you unzip the attachment (lbr files aren't allowed) into your LBR folder then you should find a new library called Mikes-Custom.

Mike.
Thanks, I could add them to my library. So far I could only use Eagle for editing the available sch or brd files.

Making new components in Eagle is really simple - once you get used to it. Especially if the component is using a standard package. As no pcb layout or schematic capture comes with all components defined everyone eventually has to start defining own libraries. I have already made a few of them for different projects - but it is always worth to check cadsoft's ftp site as there are many libraries uploaded by other users. Just check if the information in the library is correct - it would be pity to create a coaster instead of usable PCB ...

Petr

NO mention of expresspcb?

I tried Eagle and pcb123
learning curve is toooo long
expresspcb is easy, easy to build own library and drawing is a snap.

MrDEB said:
I tried Eagle and pcb123
learning curve is toooo long
expresspcb is easy, easy to build own library and drawing is a snap.

As far as I know Cadsoft's Eagle is the only free program with schematic capture that does not require you to have them make your boards. Could be others but none come to mind.

Eagle is a powerful tool with ERC (electrical rule check) and DRC (design rule check) which help you design error free buildable boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back