Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pcb holder recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much thanks Boncuk. Greatly appreciated. Looks like a great frame.

So what do you use aluminium profiles for? To raise the whole thing up further off the worktable? to allow for legs of components?

The PCB-holder I mentioned is still available.

I'm expecting a quote soon and will forward details of seller and price.

Boncuk

The picture in post 11 was just to show an easy way to build one holder to the size needed.

It was comming with a foam cover. Look at the picture from Active Electronic catalog, but do not look at the price, it is enough to get a heart attack :)

Alain

rack-jpg.45256

Attachments

• rack.jpg
    rack.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 560
I don't know why everything it is so expensive in Montreal or in Canada for that matter,I wish I could encourage companies in my country or in my area but unfortunately these companies are encouraging me to buy abroad.

Sorry for being off topic, just needed to express my feelings while my pain was fresh.

Mike

Last edited:
Did a bit of detective work and found a dealer of said holder, GIE-TEC Assembly and Soldering Frames

Bit confused about what the Platine Holding Rails are for though. Would I need these for the BL142043 ? How many is needed?

Also, how are you raising it up off the worksurface for stuffing components?

Thanks

Last edited:
Did a bit of detective work and found a dealer of said holder, GIE-TEC Assembly and Soldering Frames

Bit confused about what the Platine Holding Rails are for though. Would I need these for the BL142043 ? How many is needed?

Also, how are you raising it up off the worksurface for stuffing components?

Thanks

Hi mrd,

I didn't need to do detective work. Just wrote an email to Isel automation to inform me about the successor of hobby articles and got a reply within 24 hours. :)

handling of the frame is quite easy.

All profiles are slotted in the center, leaving approx. 5mm space to the top of the rail. There are steel clamps delivered with the frames but I decided to use them to strenghten the roof of my greenhouse instead of using them in the frame.

They let the (populated) PCB escape downwards under pressure of the foam. When populating a PCB the lowest parts (resistors and diodes) should be placed first, then soldered.

After that the higher parts can be placed which will be kept tightly to the PCB by the foam pressure without the low parts moving anymore.

I made a small sketch about the function of the holding rails. Article number 142043 contains three rails. According to my experience three rails is just the minimum when making small series of PCBs. I had a fourth rail mounted to my frame back in Germany, but will order a total of five this time.

Here are the prices: small holder no 142042 €56, big holder no 143043 €71. Prices are off manufacturer and don't include shipping cost. (exchange rate: 1€ ~ 1.32US$)

I'll receive a quote for extra rails soon and post the prices here as well.

Regards

Boncuk

Attachments

• PCB-HOLDER.gif
    PCB-HOLDER.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
Ah great. Thanks. A bit more expensive than from the dealer then.

So instead of the clips provided, you use those slots and screws to hold pcs in place?

Maybe I'll see if I can get some longer legs to fashion too

Ah great. Thanks. A bit more expensive than from the dealer then.

So instead of the clips provided, you use those slots and screws to hold pcs in place?

Maybe I'll see if I can get some longer legs to fashion too

Hi mrd,

I don't know your dealer's price.

Anyway you won't need to take care of longer legs. They are already mounted underneath the frame with 30mm length, more than sufficient.

One extra extra rail for the 142043 type frame is charged with €10.50 according to the latest mail I received.

Regards

Boncuk

Oh, I posted a link above GIE-TEC Assembly and Soldering Frames) with prices on that page. Says 44euros for big frame BL142043. BL149241 = 6.20euros and BL149242 = 1.50euros.

Is the BL149241 an extra rail? And the BL149242 is those spring clips for your greenouse ?!

30mm legs will be fine then for long resistor legs hanging down then. (average resistor leg length is less than 30mm length, not incl. extra space of elevated pcb in holder) The legs look smaller in the pics.

Oh, I posted a link above GIE-TEC Assembly and Soldering Frames) with prices on that page. Says 44euros for big frame BL142043. BL149241 = 6.20euros and BL149242 = 1.50euros.

Is the BL149241 an extra rail? And the BL149242 is those spring clips for your greenouse ?!

30mm legs will be fine then for long resistor legs hanging down then. (average resistor leg length is less than 30mm length, not incl. extra space of elevated pcb in holder) The legs look smaller in the pics.

I see a distinct price difference.

It might be caused by company policies to market via dealers and protect dealers by charging higher prices than the dealer does.

In some cases the legs are too short, e.g. for high current resistors with long wires. I extended the legs by 10mm removing the original ones and replaced them with plastic pipes and 40mm long screws.

BL149241 should be the extra rail while 149242 should be the spring clip. You won't need extra spring clips if you don't want to use them.

If you do you should purchase as many as possible to guarantee the board won't slip off the springs under mechanical pressure.

Regards

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back