Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Design help

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelsea1983

Could anyone please help me by transferring the attached design to ISIS or ARES. Im lost because ISIS does not have some of the components.
Even if anyone knows somewhere that i could pay to get it done.

Thanks Guys

Attachments

• m830b-schematic-diagram.gif
    m830b-schematic-diagram.gif
    52.3 KB · Views: 218
Pcb

Hi, I am looking to try recreate this design on ISIS or ARES. I am absolutely lost! Do you think you could help me?

Could anyone please help me by transferring the attached design to ISIS or ARES. Im lost because ISIS does not have some of the components.
Even if anyone knows somewhere that i could pay to get it done.

Thanks Guys

Since the schematic posted is similiar to one of these, which I recently bought for $2.99 on sale, why would you bother...:D

Ic7106

This looks pretty much like a multimeter circuit,the 7106 IC is used in these
units as a LCD Display.not sure what you want to do with this design,building a multimeter from these components would be very costly,although they are readily available from most suppliers.Even a cheap multimeter would probably be better.Creating designs is a different subject.you can allways draw your own and convert it into a pdf file.Be a bit more specific re-what you need to do,you will find the members of this forum very helpfull.
Terry

Attachments

• 239259_1.pdf
    235.2 KB · Views: 175
It is a simple schematic.You will spend little time on drawing it to ISIS by Protus.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,, Thanks for all the replies. To be specific, i need to have an ISIS or ARES design of a basic digital multimeter including the 7106 done out. I was thrown in at the deep end and not even fully sure how to use ISIS. Help with this would get me out of a very big hole...

Thanks Again

Hi jun, i cannot fully understand that schematic. But i dont even need its full functions, just voltage, current and resistance

Thanks

Well simulating it on ISIS when you dont know anything about the software is a hell of a job in itself. They havnt made Proteus that user friendly but its very powerful. Also if you only want to make a PCB then Eagle would be a better bet.

well i dont mind if its not simulating. coz i know ISIS doesnt have some of the components. Simulation is a bonus. But i need something on ARES that can go off for PCB production. Do you know anyone or anywhere that could transfer that design to ARES for me? Only needs to have the voltage, current and resistance.

Thanks

Hi Chelsea, if you look at the PDF file I posted (reply#7) you will see all the info you need.
you can print individual pages from it & creat your own pdf. all the functions are there voltage,current draw & component values. good luck TERRY.

Your project

Hi ; There's lots of ways you can create a pdf
file to upload to wherever you want.It depends on what kind of programs you have.A lot of graphic design programs areVERY expensive,so you want to be looking at free trial downloads,ect cute pdf writer from CNET,There's a lot of free software onthis site.Don't go for the adobe graphic,it takes 2 hours to download & it's not very good.I've had a look at ARES,and you shouldn't have any problems uploading to it.I've sent you a PDF just to show you what you
what you can do, with a bit of imagination. Good luck TERRY
PLEASE ADD TO MY REPUTATION (I need it)

Attachments

• new project.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 177
Last edited:
.A lot of graphic design programs areVERY expensive,so you want to be looking at free trial downloads,ect cute pdf writer
Or better still download PDFCreator from sourcefourge.net
SourceForge.net: PDFCreator

It's not shareware (Cute PDF is) and doesn't and any silly adverts to your PDFs like Cute PDF does.

O.K. I have downloaded the program,will see what it works like. Thanks Terry
have added to your reputation

Oh, I forgot a couple of things:

Some of the resistor values used in your project are non-standard - no one makes 9, 9k or 90k resistors. Use 91k or 22k and 68k resistors in series in series to make 90k

117k and 274k are precision resistor values which will be expensive and difficult to get hold of, are you sure they need so accurate?

The schematic also isn't very clear - the resolution needs increasing.

o.k.first of all,the schematic isn't mine,it's Chelsea's.it is his project,I know that certain resistor values are not available,but these are on the diagram.Bearing in mind the tollerances of resistors,there is scope for substituting the nearest value.I've tested hundreds of resistors,and there can be a lot variation either way.Personally I don't know what he is trying to achieve,I asumed it was just something to post to ISIS ect.,I don't think anyone would waste their time building this circuit.I've not had any response from him,so I don't think I will bother untill he does.Your comments on the project are correct,and I fully agree with them.Anyway I'm still waiting for replies to my own threads.

I know you didn't design the circuit but going from your posts it seems like you don't know about the standard resistor and capacitor values.

Preferred number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In general E24 resistor values and E6 capacitor values are pretty easy to get hold of.

As a general rule it's advisable to use the lowest E-series you can, i.e. if it's possible don't use a 3k resistor (an E24 value), use a 3k3 resistor (an E6 value). This makes your circuits easier to build as there is a higher chance that people will have the component values in stock.

The E3 series also exists, 10, 22 and 47 - there are some ranges of electrolytic capacitors that are only made in E3 values.

You occasionally encounter non-standard component values in equipment, these are often custom components. It's bad practise to design a circuit that requires custom parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back