Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Board Cutter $50

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpanhalt

Most Helpful Member
On the Homebrew_PCBs group (Yahoo Groups), a member suggested a relatively new product for cutting PCBs. It is a Roberts Vinyl Tile Cutter (hecho en China) available at Home Depot. Here's a link:**broken link removed**

I got one, tried it, and can say it works -- at least initially. I cannot judge from the few tests I did how long the blade will last. It is considerably more sturdy than the typical, modern paper cutter, and the compound action of the blade reduces effort required. I cut some 1/16 FR4 with copper on one side. I also tried some .016 aluminum alloy (6061-T6) sheet, and it did fine with both. I can't tell with those tests whether copper on both sides would have torn from the substrate. That might be more of a problem as the blade wears.

John

Thanks guy, I've been looking for something like one of these for a while. They also have a slightly cheaper version in the website.

We miss ya.

I just bought one and tried it out.

The blade is not flush with the bottom of the cutter. This does create some problems doing a smooth cut.

Holding the work still is also a minor problem.

Still, it is useable. I'll tweak it where I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back