PCB Board Cutter $50

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpanhalt

Most Helpful Member
On the Homebrew_PCBs group (Yahoo Groups), a member suggested a relatively new product for cutting PCBs. It is a Roberts Vinyl Tile Cutter (hecho en China) available at Home Depot. Here's a link:**broken link removed**

I got one, tried it, and can say it works -- at least initially. I cannot judge from the few tests I did how long the blade will last. It is considerably more sturdy than the typical, modern paper cutter, and the compound action of the blade reduces effort required. I cut some 1/16 FR4 with copper on one side. I also tried some .016 aluminum alloy (6061-T6) sheet, and it did fine with both. I can't tell with those tests whether copper on both sides would have torn from the substrate. That might be more of a problem as the blade wears.

John

Thanks guy, I've been looking for something like one of these for a while. They also have a slightly cheaper version in the website.

We miss ya.

I just bought one and tried it out.

The blade is not flush with the bottom of the cutter. This does create some problems doing a smooth cut.

Holding the work still is also a minor problem.

Still, it is useable. I'll tweak it where I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…