Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.
The copper tracks of Veroboard make half of a pcb.
The parts and a couple of jumper wires make the remainder of a pcb.

There are some computer programs that can design the board but I like using the thing between my ears.

Hi everyone,

Is there any way i can possibly use something for beginers? i am looking at making a proximity sensor circuit board, where a LED will light up when something comes within 5 inches of it. i know its very simple for you guys but its totally new to me so please understand that i am trying my best to learn.

i would appreciate any help you can give and guidance on where to look, book recommendations etc.

im pretty excited about this and am looking forward to being able to make things and hopefully learn. so please help me..

Thank you,

Bunty.

Here is an example of breadboards, with circuits built on them, if your just starting out, your best thing to do is experiment with your circuits on a breadboard, before any soldering is done, with a breadboard (protoboard), you can make measurements and tests on your circuit, and change out components, until you have a working circuit, then you make it into a permanent, PCB.

Thats why there called PROTO boards, there for prototyping low signal circuits.

Here is some pic. to give you an idea of what there about.

100_1014.JPG

100_1015.JPG

100_1016.JPG

100_1017.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back