Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC to RS232

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiJack

Greetings guys,

I am using RS232 as interface to let PIC talk to PC, I am wondering that is there any setups required on the PC in order to receive message?

And another question related to this, anyone has experience with USB to RS232 (DB9) cable? Does it work with Vista?

Helps will be most appreciated. Thanks guys.

HiJack

You need a terminal program in your PC (ex:Hyper Terminal - Boring :D) The main thing is you need to match the baud rate that you dealing with your PIC.

USB to RS232 (DB9) cable works nicely but I haven't check it with vista :(

Last edited:
USB to RS232 (DB9) cable works nicely but I haven't check it with vista
You don't want to not 1 thing works good with vista but mplab and hyperterminal on vista will not work oh I for got ever time you get a update something stops working like my 1 year old printer use xp pro and you'll be good to go

Last edited:
Swordfish basic has a Terminal program that works real good. It's called serial communicator it may also work on vista if you run as admin.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Thanks for all your kind help. I bought a USB to DB9 cable, and I downloaded a driver for vista from the seller. I am now building the hardware interface and writing the program, I will report my progress later.

Best regards and have a good day,
HiJack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back