Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC to PIC16F877A rs232 examples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefer3

Hey everyone
I recently converted my JDM programmer to accept the 877a and it works. Now, I would like to send data to my 877a and then display it on a hitachi compatible lcd ( i got that working too ).

The concept that I have is to push a button (Disk +) and the PIC will send a command to the PC's comm port. VB will be looking for the command and then scroll through a text file and send the album title out the comm port to the PIC. The pic then take the data and send it out to the lcd.

Does anyone have any examples? I have read the datasheet on the 877a and ended up completely confused!!

Is there some sort of tutorial for communicating to the pic from the pc?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

BTW, Exo and Chippie, you guys are the greatest for helping me out even though you may not remember me.

Thanks

hello beefer

im fairly new to pic programming, and have also wanted to interface such devices and have found just the article!

take a look here

however the tutorial files are for the 16F628 and 16F876 as far as i can see, but this shouldnt be too hard to convert from should it?

here is a link to the hardware needed

Hope this helps

Kane[/url]

The tutorial on winpicprog does the communication in software. This is good for pics without hardware usart (F84,...). Your 16F877A does have a hardware usart so its easyer to use it.

Take a look on the application notes about rs232
**broken link removed** specially app note 774

Implementing serial communications with PICbasic pro is really fast an easy. Do you have PICBASIC PRO?

ivancho said:
Implementing serial communications with PICbasic pro is really fast an easy. Do you have PICBASIC PRO?

Does picbasic pro use the hardware usart?

Exo said:
The tutorial on winpicprog does the communication in software. This is good for pics without hardware usart (F84,...). Your 16F877A does have a hardware usart so its easyer to use it.

The last part of the tutorial uses the hardware USART in a 16F876.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back