Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pc psu want to fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

mecc

hi there
please can anyone help me?
my pc psu not working there is no output voltage at all. only standby +5 volt getting properly. i oppened the psu case. it loosk ok no burn or leaking cap, everything looking good. what went wrong? i want to repair it please help me
thnks in advance

If nothing is 'blown', then it may just be the startup resistors, which are required for the supply to start, then it feeds itself.

Look for a couple of highish value resistors, they usually use two in series (which is probably why they fail) - they go high or O/C.

hi there
please can anyone help me?
my pc psu not working there is no output voltage at all. only standby +5 volt getting properly. i oppened the psu case. it loosk ok no burn or leaking cap, everything looking good. what went wrong? i want to repair it please help me
thnks in advance

If you are trying to run it outside of the computer case, it might need a load to start up, or the green wire on the motherboard connector needs to be connected to ground.

-Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back