PC Chassis Fan Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameske

Hi,

One of my fans in one of my computers doesn't work any more, so I replaced it with a a 120 mm 4 LED blue case fan. But a message keeps coming up with an error when I try to boot the computer saying:

"Chassis fan not functioning. Check fan connections & call for service."
Shutting down."

Then it shuts down.

My guess is that it is because the RPM line isn't connected (being there isn't one).

Does anyone know what I could do

Thanks,
Jameske

One of the fan from your computer it's not working .
When you turn on your pc check the fan from processor an others if are working correctly .

Either you still have a fan that's not working which you should be easily able to check, or the fan you replaced doesn't have a tach sensor on it so the machine doesn't think it's working. If the fans ARE spinning up when you turn it on either get a new fan that has a tach sensor or go into the bios (you should still be able to get into bios) and disable the fan failure shut down, I personally find fan failure's shutting the machine down are pretty pointless, thermal shutdowns are more reliable and indicitive of a failure.

check the processor fan any mobo that will refuse to boot with a chassis fan error, if it does your mobo maker needs to get a life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…