Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pass audio through near field magnetic induction communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanman

I understand how there is a transmitting coil and a receiving coil, but how does the transmitting coil transfer the audio information to there receiving coil, and how does the receiving coil retrieve the data? I am a novice to this, so anything will help. I am not sure where to start with building this. Any help is appreciated.

Walking around a room, the receiving coil is the secondary of a giant air-core transformer. The primary, driven by the audio source, is a much larger coil would around the entire room. If you use one of these things somewhere like a museum, you have to appreciate the effort it takes to install the primary.

ak

Welcome to the forum.

There are diffrent methods, however an effective way would be to modulate a higher frequency waveform, exactly the same as a radio transmission, and you could use amplitude or frequency modulation.
Or you could go all hi tec and use some digital process.

I am not sure where to start with building this.
Welcome, tanman.

What is the "this" noted above that you are attempting to build? You mention coils. Are these coils you've made, purchased or what? And what other components of this transmitter/receiver system are needed or used?

Sorry for the questions, but it is not clear what your attempting to make.

Or are you merely asking how audio might be sent from a source to a receptor, without wires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back