Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parts ordered from China - still being sent ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wp100

Just wondered if air mail small electronic parts orders are still being send out from China now the Corona virus has limited movement etc ?

Many suppliers are listed as Shen Zhen, which borders Hong Kong, that seems to be still working normally with folk in the streets as on tonights news .

I buy from China all the time most orders arrive in 2 or 3 weeks but some take longer 2 months.

Last edited:
I was also worried that the virus might arrive here on things from China but medical experts say it dies within 24 hours if it is not inside an alive person.

medical experts say it dies within 24 hours if it is not inside an alive person.
I’m glad to hear that. I ordered some Arduinos in December. They came yesterday. I got some 91% alcohol as per a pharmacists recommendation. I think I will clean them anyway.

Any reactive molecule can break that RNA chain that is the virus. Florine or oxygen are pretty reactive and could break it. We don't really know how it can be destroyed but it looks like it can't survive for long in the outside world. Any viroscientist around? Did I just makeup a word?

Mike.

That is correct, a virus is not a bacteria (that is alive). Simply look in Google:

Attachments

• virus.png
    virus.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 89
Virus survival in the environment
**broken link removed**

I order from China frequently-
This response is from a routine supplier:

Recently, the pneumonia virus epidemic in China is a bit serious, and the state has stipulated to extend the vacation time, you also may see an extension for the preparation period, and estimated delivery time of orders. We wait for the government's permission to go to work. If no accident, we can start to work next week on Feb. 24th. We are trying our best to deliver your order as fast as possible. Appreciate your understanding

Just got my Corona virus free PCB boards today ... Order was placed on the 21st ... usually takes about 10 days but this time around it took 15 days

Attachments

• Boards.JPG
    Boards.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 89
Had a parcel arrive yesterday, had been pretty quick as well, came by UPS and I had to pay VAT and afee for collecting the money. Even worse, I had pay in cash!, apparently UPS are very backward. DHL send you an email the day before, you pay on-line, and it comes next day.

Had a parcel arrive yesterday, had been pretty quick as well, came by UPS and I had to pay VAT and afee for collecting the money.
Here in Canada I have always cleared my own customs, UPS often overcharge for brokerage, and also seldom get the commodity Number right which can lead to higher entry tax..
I just register with them (UPS) that I clear my own, just takes an extra day to get the item though.
Max.

Here in Canada I have always cleared my own customs, UPS often overcharge for brokerage, and also seldom get the commodity Number right which can lead to higher entry tax..
I just register with them (UPS) that I clear my own, just takes an extra day to get the item though.
Max.

As far as I'm aware that's not an option in the UK, the fees are also simple - 20% VAT, plus about £10 odd for collecting the money (standard charge across carriers, so presumably set by legislation?).

The issue here is that UPS, unless they bother to phone to find out, they often use an educated guess at what commodity No. is when filling the import form.
Usually for low priced items, they don't bother, but when getting in to high cost items, it can be significant.
The Country of Origin also comes in to play.
Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back