Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parkes large hyperbolic radio antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, you say that light is similar to radio waves but radio waves can propagate through opaque materials that are impenetrable to light and radio waves are not composed of particles are they?

Space does not have obstructions or limits due to curvature of the Earth.

But radio wave disperse do they not? What is that rate. It should be easy to determine but it is being concealed. Why?

How do radio waves propagate through the Van Allen belt and what is the physical maximum range of a radio wave?
the Van Allen belts are far less dense in terms of charged particle density than the ionosphere, and don't impact radio wave propagation. the maximum physical range of a radio wave is determined by a lot of factors, transmitter power, wavelength, antenna gain (at either or both ends of the path), noise floor of the receiver
all physics books are concealing the intensity of a radio wave that should be known fact.
i have physics textbooks dating back to about 1900, and i have no difficulty finding the inverse square law. electromagnetic radiation decreases in field strength at a rate proportional to the inverse square of the distance (i.e. if you double the distance, the field strength is 1/4 what it was at the original distance you measured it at). there's no secret here. besides, what would be the logic in concealing certain principles of physics? people can do experiments and find out for themselves.
Also, you say that light is similar to radio waves but radio waves can propagate through opaque materials that are impenetrable to light and radio waves are not composed of particles are they?
electromagnetic radiation has properties of waves and particles. the wave behavior predominates at long wavelengths, and particle behavior predominates at short wavelengths. metal objects (more accurately electrically conductive objects) are opaque to radio waves as well as light.

again, i fail to see what would be gained by anybody by keeping portions of physics somehow concealed.

metal objects (more accurately electrically conductive objects) are opaque to radio waves as well as light.

X-ray can propagates through metal objects.

Different substances are transparent or opaque at different radio frequencies, like some things only allow certain colours of light through, eg. radio waves will pass through brick walls (with losses) while light will not.

EVERYTHING you need to do the calculations for radio propagation, antenna design, gain, path losses etc. is freely available.

However, unless you start at the most basic principles and learn electronics and physics from the start, then progressively work up to the more complex stuff, you don't have the foundations to properly understand and use that info.

You may as well start arguing brain surgery without knowing basic anatomy.

I'm sitting here with a finger on the button, wondering where this thread is going...I can't help a feeling that we've been here before...
I agree. this has just become repetitious nonsense.

JimB

Totally agree. I don't mind trying to help educate people, but some just do not want that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back