Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

p16pro40 programmer (schematic and board)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What version of Eagle are you using? will not open your file. See attached screenshot.

Attachments

• eagle_415_light_error.png
    eagle_415_light_error.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 996
Hi samcheetah,

The link in your signature has the following quote:

"The JDM programmer draws power from the serial port and most serial ports are designed for such a task (especially laptop serial ports). "

Unfortunately it should be "....ports are NOT designed for such task.

Re: eagle 4.11

4electros said:
i use eagle 4.11 and works well with me...

Ok. Is it the free Light Edition or did you buy a license?

If it's a commercial version, then make sure your Eagle license key is properly installed. In the Eagle Control Panel, click on Help, then Product Registration and enter the key you got when you purchased your legit version of Eagle 4.11

eblc1388 said:
The link in your signature has the following quote:

"The JDM programmer draws power from the serial port and most serial ports are designed for such a task (especially laptop serial ports). "

Unfortunately it should be "....ports are NOT designed for such task.

excuse could you please explain more about that i don't understand well, thank you a lot my friends for this sharing!!

can i program any kind of pic with this circuit such as pic16f628 or pic16f84

keep in touch :wink:

Re: eagle 4.11

Joel Rainville said:
4electros said:
i use eagle 4.11 and works well with me...

Ok. Is it the free Light Edition or did you buy a license?

It's free light edition and the CD that i installed the program with contains the program and license key file that enables me to run the program easily , i hadn't to register or buy a license anymore!!

4electros said:
excuse could you please explain more about that i don't understand well, thank you a lot my friends for this sharing!!
can i program any kind of pic with this circuit such as pic16f628 or pic16f84

keep in touch :wink:

JDM is a design that does not require external power supply. Therefore it must take power from the serial port.

Serial ports are never designed to be able to provide a lot of currents so if the port on your PC doesn't, then there will be error from the JDM design. So lately there are JDM design with external power supply and this make it less dependent on the serial port.

If you have not yet built any programmer and is thinking to build one, the design which uses the parallel port would be a good choice. I said that even though I myself have a JDM programmer working.

about the programmer schematic

samcheetah said:
by the way have you guyz seen this page

**broken link removed**

you can download the schematics and board layouts from the above link

I think that there's a differnece between the schematic by nigel.goodwin and your schematic suggested on that site, they're very similar but ... does this simple differnce affect the function of the circuit?

another thing is that the transistor are BC557 and here it's BC337.... I don't know what to say?1 can you tell me about that....

thanks a lot!

Re: about the programmer schematic

4electros said:
samcheetah said:
by the way have you guyz seen this page

**broken link removed**

you can download the schematics and board layouts from the above link

I think that there's a differnece between the schematic by nigel.goodwin and your schematic suggested on that site, they're very similar but ... does this simple differnce affect the function of the circuit?

As you say, there's very little difference, and the Ozipic was actually designed from the P16PRO40, which in turn was designed from the original David Tait design (the father of PIC programmers). The Ozipic was designed to use a different type of buffer IC, one which might be more readily available in some countries, it also has an ICSP reset circuit (Q6 and associated components) to better facilitate ICSP.

another thing is that the transistor are BC557 and here it's BC337.... I don't know what to say?1 can you tell me about that....

The transistors aren't at all critical, they are simple small PNP switching transistors, pretty well anything will do!, likewise the NPN can be any small signal NPN switching transistor. But you do need to be careful about fitting them , some transistors have different pin connections, so you may need to bend the wires.

the Ozipic is actually an improvement of the P16PRO40 design. and you will have to use the RSR-Programmer setting in WinPicProg for this programmer. you can leave out the ICSP part of Ozipic if you dont want that. the buffer IC used (74HCT14) has schmitt trigger inputs so it is better than the ones that use other buffer ICs. i dont know if the improvements are that much critical because people happily use the P16PRO40 and have very little complaints. but if you like the design then just build it. it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back