Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

p16pro40 and 16f628a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Folks,
I got a weird problem with my P16PRO40 programmer.

I successfuly program 12f675 on it, but trying to program 16f84a and 16f628a fails miserably. I built the programmer from scratch (no kit) and the voltage levels on all the pins seems ok. I am using a computer PSW (-12V to +12V as power), and the power looks good.

The thing is that the programmer is working, but only for 12f675. The only pin that is not used by the 12f675 while programming is the VDD pin but it seems it got the right voltage level (a bit below 5V).

The operating system is WinXP SP2 on P4 1.8GHz 256MB RAM. The programming software is PICALLW 0.16 set on P16PRO with 7405.

What is wrong? Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks
Itay

PRoblem solved!

Two tracks crossing each other.
The funny thing is that when you check each pin by itself everything seems to be ok, but when you check level on pin X while changing level on pin Y one of them isn't working right.
Learning by mistakes.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back