Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Over current protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrAL,

Thanks for your reply. The motors will be of the same brand and power so they will rotate evenly. My problem is what motor to use.... i need them to be high in torque, low in speed, operates with 12V or under and not expensive. I think wiper motors will work fine... but before buying them i wish to know if they can handle that load or not?? can someone help me please?? thanks

Hi,

Did you to any torque measurements? It's hard to evaluate a general class of devices like motors when they can vary so much from car to car. It's only possible if you already have some experience with the type of motor or can look up the specs. If you can find the specs and do some torque measurements you might be able to tell from that.

Do you know the approximate torque required for this shutter please?? sorry for asking this question, but im not into motors and do not know the torque needed...

Last edited:
Do you know the approximate torque required for this shutter please?? sorry for asking this question, but im not into motors and do not know the torque needed...

If you can get your hands on a dial indicator type torque wrench and rotate the shaft it should tell you how much rotational torque is required.

Ron

That's interesting using two motors. If they are the same model it might be ok
Do to mechanical differences, especially in the less expensive motors. One will always work harder then the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back