Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Output Protection Circuit in Electronic Ballast

Status
Not open for further replies.

alok1982

Hi All,

I want to design an output protection circuit in an Electronic Ballast. I need a circuit to stop oscillation if the output voltage, is greater than some predetermined level. Also, if their is no load attached, circuit should provide a signal to stop oscillation.

This circuit is meant only for protection. It will protect my Electronic Ballast.

Oscillation means; Half Bridge Inverter circuit and RC circuit i.e. Self Oscillation Circuit.

If you are using an ic such as an sg3525 you only need to design an overvoltage detector, a zener and a few other components and use this to shut down the ic, if the ic doesnt have a shutdown input you can mess with the feedback and make it shut down that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back