Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Other options to building 3 amp h bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGCB

I'v been searching and searching online for a ready made h bridge that will handle 3 amps. I have a robot platform with automotive motors that draw 3 amps under hard load. I've been playing with h bridge circuits and have one made on a breadboard that works however I'd rather program and design than solder and troubleshoot circuits. I want to control it with a PIC and actually have done so with the breadboarded circuit.

Would someone show me some options with suppliers. The MSK 4223 looks good but I can't find a supplier. I also checked out the "Electronic speed controllers for brushed DC motors " thread on this forum but don't know if that will work. Seems to not have the reversing feature or be logic level controled.

I'm not willing to hand out gobs of dollars either!

Ideas please Aaron

Why not use (per motor) an L298 in bridged mode - with a proper heatsink, that'll allow up to 4 amps. They're not the most efficient, but they're fairly cheap (though not easy to work with, because of their weird pin spacing - I do know of a guy who sells adapter PCBs for 0.1" spacing, if needed).

("I'll check that out better but most don't seem to be in stock " ) yea, i have a hard time w/ their site too. i ended up just ordering from mouser, i could check
inventory and price much easier, plus other items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back