Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oshonsoft USB Demo1 Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericgibbs

Most Helpful Member
Hi,
A simple USB PC module for controlling a Oshonsoft HID USB based 18F2550 PIC.
All the programs and schematics are included in the attached zip file.

Attachments

• USBDemo1.zip
    92.1 KB · Views: 928
  • USBTerminal1.png
    USBTerminal1.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,017
Hidterm.ocx is missing where do I find that

hi,
You will need the USB option from Oshonsoft, to enable the module to run.

I have attached a zip and an exe file.
The term2.exe file is the next stage of development, I am planning to bring out the final version during the next few days.

Attachments

• USB_Terminal2.exe
    84 KB · Views: 667
  • HID_ocx_oca.zip
    23.6 KB · Views: 659
  • AAesp03.gif
    AAesp03.gif
    16.6 KB · Views: 791
Last edited:
hi,
I have re-zipped the files to include the ocx,oca and basic2.exe

EDIT: 26 Nov 2011
Added the VB5 source code and other files. [USB_Terminal2F.zip]
Download load and unzip both zips, Oshonsoft [USB_Demo2.zip]

You need both zips to run in Oshonsoft and VB5 on the PC

Attachments

• USB_Demo2.zip
    141 KB · Views: 682
  • USB_Terminal2F.zip
    64.2 KB · Views: 629
Last edited:
Eric Thanks for all your hard work, or is it fun.

Just down loaded it. Math is kicking my butt in college that and writing

Should of finish my EE degree when I was a boy not 30 years latter LOL.

But now days they want you to have a degree.

Eric Thanks for all your hard work, or is it fun.

Just down loaded it. Math is kicking my butt in college that and writing

Should of finish my EE degree when I was a boy not 30 years latter LOL.

But now days they want you to have a degree.

Burt,
Its still fun for me....:)

Problem for you Burt, had you done your degree 30 years ago, you wouldn't have been taught PIC's at that time. More like the Z80 mcu types.!

The latest scientific trials have clearly shown that its possible to continue studying and learning into very old age, so you have a long ways to go yet.

You are still a spring chicken, so keep at it.

If you have any suggestions about that USB module, changes or additions I would like to hear them.

Hi everyone,

I have successfully done the Oshonsoft USB Demo1 Project. I can't edit the sample VB project (on the PC). Can anybody help me pls ?

PIC18F2550 USB Support

Hello,
I made the USB demo with hidterm.ocx and PIC18Simulator. But I can't edit the VB Project on PC. Pls help me.

Hi everyone,

I have successfully done the Oshonsoft USB Demo1 Project. I can't edit the sample VB project (on the PC). Can anybody help me pls ?

hi,
The VB source code is editable.?
What is the problem you are having.? are you able to write VB5 code.?

Please post more details of what you are trying to do.

EDIT:
Just checked the Demo1 link, the VB5 source is no longer there.???? I will repost later.

Last edited:

Attachments

• USB_Terminal2F.zip
    64.2 KB · Views: 554
Last edited:
This looks mighty cool, Eric. Should be helpful to a lot of people fighting their way through a USB design.

I just have a question, this programs cant be simulated because you cant simulate the usb conction I´m right? thanks

I just have a question, this programs cant be simulated because you cant simulate the usb conction I´m right? thanks

hi,
You are correct, its not possible to run a USB simulation in the Oshonsoft IDE.

Hi, I was trying to conect everything, I´m having trouble with my LCD because I have a differ model, y made the conecction and programing changes that apply to mine but still not working. This part of the LCD by now is the least I want to make work. By the other hand and the part I´m most interested is that I cant still conect to the usb and de pc the .exe file it tells me "HID connection failed" my next step is to change my 18f4550 for a 18f2550 maybe thats my problem but I want to ask the following: I remember that somewhere I read about adding de HID to de PC this step if its needed I had not do it, so I have to do it ? if so how?
thanks for your help

hi jose,

Do you have the Registered version of the Oshonsoft USB option.??

The 18F4550 will work OK as well as the 18F2550.

On your circuit do you have a 20MHz crystal and a 1meg ohm resistor in parallel, with the two 22pF capacitors to 0V, also is the Vusb capacitor 0.47uF.??

Do you have the hidterm.ocx, oca, dll in your Windows/Systems folder.?

hi Eric thanks for your help,
1. the register version of the oshonsoft USB option I checked and have the following information ( I have version 2.73 and I went to "help> View License Information>Info and got the 32 bit Math Support -Enable; Structure Lenguage Support - Enable; USB Support - Enable)
2. yes I have the 1M resistor with both 22pf capacitors and the 0.47uF capacitor
3. I missed de dll where can I get it?

hi,
Check your USB devices.

Use Start/Settings/Control/System/Hardware/Device Manager.

This is an image of my settings.

This is the dll, [ remove the .txt extension, I have to add that to upload].

Post your program I will try it.

hi,
Download and run this SnoopyPro.exe, Select 'View' from menu, press key F2 and you should see the HID installed information.

This image is mine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back