Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oscillotor circuit simulation in Proteus (ISIS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boncuk

I tried the circuit as attached, but it won't generate any output signal with ISIS.

Did I miss anything?

Boncuk

Attachments

• 1-HZ-TIMEBASE.gif
    1-HZ-TIMEBASE.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 3,227
Hi Hans,

EDIT:
Have you tried with a 9V supply, CD devices are not super fast at 5V.

Also I would use a 3.3meg in place of the 10meg.

I dont use ISIS so I cannot double check.

This is from the d/s, it shows a difference in the connections.

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    13.7 KB · Views: 2,098
Last edited:
Crystal oscillators have a long startup time. Run you sim out 20 to 50 msecs before you declare it dead.

Crystal oscillators have a long startup time. Run you sim out 20 to 50 msecs before you declare it dead.

So it must be definitely dead. I ran it for minutes without any change.

Frequently an oscillator must be "kicked" to get it started in a SIM program.

So it must be definitely dead. I ran it for minutes without any change.

That is oscillator run time, not computer run time, just to be sure. Unless you have a very fast computer, minutes of results would be likely hours of computer cpu time.

I would suspect the 2.2k resistor being too high in value and 82 pF being too large. There is quite a wack to loop gain with these values.

* I just noticed that pin 4 and 6 are reversed. The 2.2k should be fed from output of inverter.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2011/04/AN-118.pdf (see last page, fig. 8)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back