Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oscilloscope smoke so need a new one, any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

camerart

Hi,
My trusty (was) Oscilloscope has just given up the ghost, so I need a new one.

I'm used to 2x Channel. 10MHz, with delay, so anything better than this. A storage facility would be good too. If possible a 12v powered one would be handy sometimes, though not too important. Middle of the range.

Any suggestions please.

Camerart

Smoke.
Sounds like the Ht winding on the transformer.

Or connecting common (i.e., EARTH) to someplace other than earth. You can't just measure across any part you want with (most) scopes.
Hi J,
I notice on the power cable, a note saying 'No Ground'
Also a label, last calibrated 1991.
C.

Eminently sensible.

Last edited:
Well spotted.
I removed that as I know you dont like high voltage & pulling the thing apart might give you a nasty jolt, as the tube can hold a charge.

Well spotted.
I removed that as I know you dont like high voltage & pulling the thing apart might give you a nasty jolt, as the tube can hold a charge.
Hi DR,
I gave it good coat of looking at. Thought about all of those switches and reclaim bits, as we should really, then cut the lead off it, and put it in the scrap queue. (I've got enough reclaim bit in the shed already)
C

I repaired one that did the same thing.
But I dont think I'd do it again, rewinding a trans isnt a good spend of a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back