Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oscilloscope selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_L

I am looking for a good quality oscilloscope. There are way too many brands that I have never heard of. So far I am leaning towards Tektronix TBS1052. Has anyone used this model? I see a lot of scopes on the market that appear to have better features for less money. What brands should I absolutely avoid? I would like to keep this below $600.

You will NEVER go wrong with a TEK.

I can't say they have ever impressed me - last scope we bought at work (a LONG time ago) we had a Tek to try and a Grundig, the Grundig was FAR superior.

The time before that (even longer ago :D) we had a Tek and a Philips - again the Philips was far superior.

I have two Tek's.... Both have served me well... The reason is that I mainly do digital electronics and so ANY DSO will point you in the right direction.... I really only need a logic analyzer.... But my old 2210 has enough storage to do most of what I need...

I only ever had scruffy scopes before that... Telequipemt D1011 was my first... £50 out of he back door of Uni... Still works beautifully ( apart from cleaning the switches with electrical cleaner every time I turn it on ) .

I can't give a real definition on DSO's but I find that it all depends on what its needed for... I bought a cheap hand held from China ( DSO0201 ).. It looks like a phone, but it does enough for what is required... That's all that matters..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back