Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

azeemushan

I have tried Colpit oscillator to generate a sine wave of 250 k- 500k, it was generating wave in Circuit Maker but now when i was implementing it wasnt working. It was generating the wave of maximum 120k. I m using IC MC1496 and i m bound to stick with a frequency of 200 - 500KHz. Can someone help me out and provide me any oscillator that generates a wave in that particular range.
Please do help me out..

A colpits oscillator will work from low frequencies to very high frequencies, 200 to 500khz should be no problem.

If your colpits circuit will not provide the frequency you expect, you have either:
1 used components of the wrong value
2 wired it up incorrectly
3 measured the frequency incorrectly

JimB

Well i have chacked the circut again and again but i didnt found any mistake. I will work it out again. Actually is worked in software but a student told me that it will not work practically becoz he tried that as well and it dint worked with different components.
Can u plz provide me any other oscillator circuit that will work properly.

Well i have chacked the circut again and again but i didnt found any mistake. I will work it out again.
Post your circuit so that we can see it.

....a student told me that it will not work .....
So what? What makes him an expert?

Can u plz provide me any other oscillator circuit that will work properly.
There are MANY circuits for oscillators, just search the internet, Google is your friend.
A colpits oscillator will work properly if built correctly.

I forgot to mention earlier, why are you using an MC1496 in your oscillator? This is a most inappropriate choice.

JimB

because we are bound to use MC1496 for AM modulation and i have got a Phase shift Oscillator and will try it tody lets see wt happens if it din't work then i will provide u my ckt for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back