Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oscillator/frequenct question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddreier

Hello, just found the forum, which is great because I've got a question about an oscillator.

I want to build the "simple" oscillator featured **broken link removed** (Figure 1). The only problem is that the schematic does not include the values for "RT" and "CT".

So what I'm wondering is if anyone could suggest values for these so that I could generate at least 1 kHz and whatever other frequencies around that.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I've got a question about an oscillator.

I want to build the "simple" oscillator featured **broken link removed** (Figure 1). The only problem is that the schematic does not include the values for "RT" and "CT".
It has two frequency ranges as shown in the spec's at the end of the article. The RT and CT formula is also there.

Ok, so then in the formula he gives, f=1/(2*pi*R*C), R is RT and C is CT for both times that they show up in that schematic?

Ok, so then in the formula he gives, f=1/(2*pi*R*C), R is RT and C is CT for both times that they show up in that schematic?
Yes.
Both C's are the same value and since the pots are ganged then the R's are also the same value.

Ok, thanks!

Oops, one more question: I'm assuming that R is in Ohms, but what about C? I suppose it is in Farads?

Last edited:
The first two stages are commonly called all-pass filters. Google can find more information if you are interested.

All I'm trying to figure out right now is what values I need for RT and CT. And if my assumptions are correct about F=(2*pi*R*C), I have found them.

But I would still like to know for sure if R is in Ohms and C is in Farads.

All I'm trying to figure out right now is what values I need for RT and CT. And if my assumptions are correct about F=(2*pi*R*C), I have found them.

But I would still like to know for sure if R is in Ohms and C is in Farads.
Yes, R is in Ohms and C is in Farads.

Okay, one more question, do I need two seperate Pots and caps for RT and CT since there are two in the schematic, or do I just use one physical connected to both pins?

The dotted line between the two pots shows that they are ganged together with a single knob. Each pot has the same adjusted resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back