Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oscillating Fan Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFU_BertFerk

Hi all! really entry level stuff here so appreciate your help. I have a Dimplex DXIONCF floor standing fan (https://www.dimplex.co.uk/product/ion-fresh-cooling-fan).
I have neglected to clean it so its performance is now significantly hindered, plus it's stopped oscillating. I want to open it up to clean and look at repairing. I've checked the manuals and done a bunch of searching but cant actually find out how to open it up. There are no obvious external screws so i assume I need to unclip/pry open a panel or two but dont want to snap/break anything.
Anyone have any ideas where to start?

With such as that, it's impossible to guess, you must have it in your hands to examine and see what bits flex under pressure, if any.

Try just squeezing and twisting parts to see if there is any movement anywhere, as a place to start prying!
It may have clip-on covers that hide screws, or it could be bonded together for safety.

It's just trial and error as you examine it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back