Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ordering the right part

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_ss

Hi, Im pretty new to this so this may be a dumb question. I am building a simple circuit and need a 2N3904 Transistor. In the Mouser catalog they have 2N3904, 2N3904_D10Z, 2N3904_D27ZS00Z, 2N3904_D28Z, 2N3904_J05Z, 2N3904TA, 2N3904TAR, and the list keeps on going. I assume to just order the simple '2N3904' but am curious as to what the others are. Thanks a lot.

Often it is just a number suffix to identify one manufacturer from another, and is added by the distributer, not the maker. Other times it is a different package or lead style, maybe a dispensing method, as in loose parts, or parts on tape for autoinsertion. In your particular case it appears to simply separate manufacturers.

I always search by generic number, since often one brand of a part may not be in stock, but the same part from a different maker is stocked.

Looking into ordering information page of datasheet might help. In well documented datasheet this section provides the information about each variant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back