Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Right angle mains plugs in Australia

To open another can of worms, here in Aus there are sockets in the bathrooms. And, no fuses in plugs.

Mike.

No Plugs, no fuses, Bathroom sockets, good job the electric world is policed by 'experts' . And as ever we just get on with the job.

Interestingly, one of the very old UK plugs, the 15A round pin type, is still used today in South Africa.
India uses the old UK round pin 5A type.
Malaysia and Singapore use the UK 13A type.

I have also seen UK 13A types in Vietnam.
I don't know if that was a standard for them, or just that it was the premises of a UK based company.

JimB

Stupid thing is, I can lay in the wiring and leave it for the electrician to test and connect.

Another dumb thing - the electrical wiring standard here in Oz says that electrical wiring needs to be done by a 'competent person' with absolutely no mention of being licensed.

New Zealand uses exactly the same standard and they (last time I checked) were able to do their own wiring and only needed it checking by a qualified leccy when it was ready to be connected and made live.

Mike, your looking for - AS/NZS 3000 2018 Wiring Rules Standard (Electrical Installations) - you can buy it from Standards Australia for a rip-off price.

My copy has gone in to hiding now that I am looking for it (shows how much I read it :rolleyes: ).

Yes, the legalized Mafia charge for everything. Can't even find the road rules on line. Money before safety.

Mike.
P.S. I still have my little blue book from the UK.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back