Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Openings @ Texas Instruments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea, Zach. :lol:
Work on their fleet while you learn electronics and work your way up.
Those geeks are probably stuck in their ways and a fresh idea from someone working in a different area would be welcomed.

My wifey knows nothing about electronics but has given me a few good ideas on how to knit wire harnesses, layer my circuit boards etc.

audioguru said:
Good idea, Zach. :lol:
Those geeks are probably stuck in their ways.
Far from it. I actually had the pleasure of meeting two TI/Raytheon RF engineers last November at a campus event, and the situation they describe is quite the opposite. They inform me that project management often recommends (if not requires) occaisional research in fresh and out-of-the-ordinary ideas (recall Jack Kilby and many other big hitters basically started out the same way). Also, they say unapologetically that TI isn't the place to 'learn' electronics, you've got to be batting .400 in whatever field you're targetting. Of course I'm paraphrasing here, but this is the general idea. I'm 100% certain their hiring rituals reflect that, whatever they are.

I asked my neighbour to let me see a Honeywell application form (she's a secretary there).
They want nothing but the very best. The geekiest. They even check the applicant's personality so they aren't too weird.
Their security is unbelieveable.

Aw man, if they're avoiding weirdos, I'm in a heap of trouble. :lol: TI is really gung-ho on their security too. I went driving along their main campus last year and found tinted windows on every buildings, half the entrances had checkpoints, and the other half was barracaded altogether. Even a company tour requires proof of citizenship. Though I guess that last part is a matter of common sense.

Zach: There are plenty of weirdos in Dallas! They were all turned-down by TI.

audioguru Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:59 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zach: There are plenty of weirdos in Dallas! They were all turned-down by TI.

Do you have any issues you wanna discuss directly with me, audioguru?
Maybe you're just bugging me, but I'm gettin sick of you already.

Sorry LucasAvature,
On this electronics website forum we chat and joke about electronic circuits.
We usually turn down and ban SPAM and people trying to sell their wares.

It is interesting to us that TI have an opening and that they hired you to do the recruiting. So far you have said very few details about the job.

Maybe you should leave us to chat and joke about electronic circuits and place a job offer in a newspaper. :roll:

I know what this is all about. The thing is I don't like to be attacked the way you are doin' it, specially when I didn't have any but the best intentions. I thought people like you would like to help your colleagues and friends to find a job or a better job and that was what it was all about. I'm a huge fun of electronics, although I'm no engineer. But that's not a reason for you to come here with an attitude like that to say things like you did. You could have been a little bit more of a person and have told me things in a better, civilized way. I talk to engineers every day on the phone and via email and they have never treated me like this when offering a position or asking for referrals, probably because they have people they care about and would like to help them out. It's pretty evident that you truly hate head hunters, but I'm doing nothing but offering legitimate jobs to highly qualified people and I thought this place would have a lot of the latter. So, if you hate head hunters, and knowing that I was here offering positions for those guys interested, why did you get in here and started talking to me? Do you enjoy thrashing people while you are behind your computer just because? It is my job to offer jobs and that's all I did here. If not, check out what my topic is. And, from where I come from, being offered a job is a really cool thing. I'm not selling anything, not myself nor my company. I'm not spaming people either. I guess there must be people here looking for a job as in any other blog or forum. I'm not charging anyone for them to get a job. I'm already being paid to do that by my company. Haven't you ever needed to buy or sell or find something and you asked your friends and acquaintances if they could help you? That's the very thing I did here. Think about it. It's not messing with your personal life or trying to use tricks to get information. I haven't even shared with my colleagues about this place since, and for some time now, I know that forums tend to be spammed with product offers and stuff like that. Oh, and by the way, I was referred to this place by one of its members, saying that it would be a good idea to post a topic saying it would be great for the guys in here to hear about these openings. Different opinions or just personal issues? Think about it. I didn't push anyone to get in here and read about my topic, even though you don't consider it a valid topic.

In Lucas's defense, there are some of us here who really are interested in this kind of news and aren't interested seeing certain members pick another meaningless fight. Second, he isn't spamming, he's come here to talk serious electronics business at his own expense. And last I checked, our name was "electro-tech." Correct me if I'm wrong. In fact, the only people here who aren't spamming is myself, Lucas, and zachtheterrible. Everybody else came to insult.

Anyway, before I build up to rant here, I'm going to leave it that. I already know how this thread is going to turn out anyway: (1) the usual suspects will throw around more pointless insults, (2) the mods will do nothing but stand around and play Nero's fiddle, (3) I'll wait on the sidelines waiting to say "I told you so."

DigiTan said:
(2) the mods will do nothing but stand around and play Nero's fiddle,

The moderators aren't here to censor threads, UNLESS they are abusive or completely off topic. Although I don't consider the thread particularly on topic, I don't consider it particularly unsuitable either - so I let it stay.

As it's not being particularly abusive, I haven't killed the thread on that basis either.

As none of the other moderators have taken any action, presumably they have similar thoughts?.

DigiTan said:
In Lucas's defense, there are some of us here who really are interested in this kind of news and aren't interested seeing certain members pick another meaningless fight. Second, he isn't spamming, he's come here to talk serious electronics business at his own expense. And last I checked, our name was "electro-tech." Correct me if I'm wrong. In fact, the only people here who aren't spamming is myself, Lucas, and zachtheterrible. Everybody else came to insult.

Anyway, before I build up to rant here, I'm going to leave it that. I already know how this thread is going to turn out anyway: (1) the usual suspects will throw around more pointless insults, (2) the mods will do nothing but stand around and play Nero's fiddle, (3) I'll wait on the sidelines waiting to say "I told you so."
I don't recall insulting anyone on this thread. :?:

I see in TI's e-mail newsletter that they have a job opening. I enquire about it and they refer me to their headhunter. Fine.

A person I met heard about a job opening at TI. Fine.

A headhunter advertising his "wares" here is completely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back