Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

open source bipedal robot ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some clue to the efficency of the ostrich leg design is the slimness of the leg compared to the body size of the bird.

Even a chicken with those tiny 4" legs can give a human a run for their money.

Some clue to the efficency of the ostrich leg design is the slimness of the leg compared to the body size of the bird.
I have to disagree with you there. I think judging the size of the leg in proportion to the rest of the ostrich's body is deceptive. Dense, muscular legs, but a relatively small body that just looks big with all its feathers and wings.

The backwards knee design is much more stable, seeing at the weight would be centered over the feet
And yet the largest quadrupeds, like hippos and elephants, have legs very much like ours, and they do quite well. Check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll0c9-KMfqA
Still think big feet and backwards knees are the way to go? I've seen elephants walk on their hind legs, and they seem to do surprisingly well.

Walking bots

I have been interested in building a walking robot. Perhaps I just played Mechwarrior a little too much, but i see that others share my interest.
I am in school to become an electrical engineer, so the electronics of the legs are rather simple to me.
But to come to my question, does anyone understand to physics of walking? or know of a good walking robot kit, that I could purchase.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back