Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Open-Smart 3.2 inch TFT LCD Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeCrashKop

Most Helpful Member
If you get this Open-Smart 3.2 inch TFT LCD Display module Touch Screen Shield https://www.aliexpress.com/item/327...03101946419796787985217760879192_0&fromDetail

Open Smart TFT.jpg

They said Part List ( Schematics and program can be sent, Please contact us)
I did but they didn’t

The libraries & example code are here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6uNNXJ2z4Cxd21NUUdBeUR6M28

A video with those links

[OPEN-SMART] TFT LCD Shield 3.0inch 3.2inch.zip below

Attachments

• [OPEN-SMART] TFT LCD Shield 3.0inch 3.2inch.zip
    1,014.1 KB · Views: 627
Last edited:
Hi,

Think you need to be careful about those types of screens using the two so called converter chips.

As I found with a 3.2" screen they had been fitted with a similar but incorrect types that in reality did not convert the 5v to 3v3, letting 5v though, so do check on your actual chip types and look up its exact datasheet to ensure yours do act as a voltage converter.
Forgotten the actual chip numbers, but details of that problem first found in Arduinos own forum.

What does concern me in your first link is that they highlight the fact that some pixels may be stuck on , not what I would want .

Have used the ILI9341controlled 2.4" and 2.8" 240x320 screens and touch control using the ADAfruit libraries and URTouch and think I would go for this 3.2" version which uses the well proven ILI9341 spi chip or the larger 3.5" SPI with the ILI9488 chip.

Trouble is that are from China so no idea how long they will take due to the virus.

Attachments

• 000098.jpg
    000098.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 324
  • 000099.jpg
    000099.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 305
Here is another zip with example sketches. Most work, some don’t. Most send info to the Arduino serial monitor. One shows a white screen but sends touch screen coordinates to the serial monitor.

Attachments

• MCUFRIEND_kbv-master.zip
    885.6 KB · Views: 408
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back