Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OPB866T55 test

Status
Not open for further replies.

2PAC Mafia

Hi guys,

I have received a wind reader instrument, it uses an OPB866T55 optocoupler and I want to test it. I think if I supply 12V at collector and anode and I put 680 ohm resistor in serial with collector and another one in serial with anode would be a good test, is that right? Emitter and catode to ground.

Is the optocoupler still in circuit, or have you removed it?

You would have to be sure then that the 12V didn't harm any of the other connected components.

Out of circuit put the 68or in series with the led, and a 10k pullup on the transistor collector with the emmitter grounded, a 9v battery will work as power source, that should do the trick, dont try it with it in circuit you might blow something else.
Also most mobile phone camera's can 'see' infra red, point your phone at it while the leds on you should see it on the screen.

Solved, thanks, it was broken. Replaced, tested and working.

Excellent, thats what your there to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back