Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

opamp and voltage comparator???

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool

o, do anyone tell me how to use LM741 as a voltage amplifer?? how to set the voltage gain???
and also, how to use LM331 as a voltage comparator??
HELP PLZ!!!!!!!!! :oops:

The LM741 is ancient opamp there are a lot of variety of better opamps but the main idea stays the same.

The opamps differs one from other in their bandwidth , voltage , current , power consumption , number of amps in one chip , frequency response ...

National semiconductors are making grate opamps , ill show you how to use the LM324 **broken link removed** , its quad (4) operations amplifiers in one chip.

In the draw i attached i made a Voltage multiplier, it takes the voltage of Vi and multiply it in R2/R1 and invert it.

so Vo= - (Vi*R2/R10)
Remember that Vo cannot pass you VCC !!

Attachments

• opmul.gif
    opmul.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 887
o, thanks!! :)
when means by voltage to freq convertor??? then what is the function of LM311??
in fact, I would like to ues it for the IR receiver in order to filter out the noise after passing through a freq demodulator (LM567). :oops:

lm311

:D hi cool,

check the datasheet of the lm311 at **broken link removed**

it has the complete details which would be very helpful. :D

Oh, thanks~
but i still don't know which circuit i should use to make L311 to be a comparator..... and how to set the center voltage??? :?
also, for the Op Amp LM741, I was fail to ues it as a voltage amplifier.... the output voltage is less then the input one.......I don't know what i did wrong... :cry:

Is this wot your trying to do?

Vin1 and Vin2 are you two voltages you want to compare
if Vin1 is greater than Vin2 Vout is positive
If Vin2 is greater than Vin1 Vout is negative
If Vin1 = Vin2 then Vout = 0V

sorry if i misunderstood.

Attachments

• vcompare.jpg
    vcompare.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 818
Status
Not open for further replies.