Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Op Amp Gain

Status
Not open for further replies.

smudge

:D Hi

I am new to Op Amps so could anybody help me with a question regarding this please.

I need to create a circuit wherethe output is ten times the difference between its two input signals. I think this could be realised using just two operational amplifiers and five resistors.

could anybody help please??? :lol:

Only one opamp is required, and four resistors.

Like so:

Attachments

• differenceamp.jpg
    differenceamp.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 507
Sorry I forgot to mention the equation I would like to base my circuit around.

Vo=10(V2-V1)

Would a second op amp be required to get rid of the -

Yes, you could use an inverting amplifier, with a gain of -1, on the output of the above circuit.

Or you could just swap the inputs.

The circuit Phasor posted has the gain you want. No inversion is required.

I have used the search engines to find information regarding OP AMPS and indeed the example given above is used in many instances. However, the question I have requires me to find any information I can to obtain the same results using 2 Op Amps & 5 Resistors. I would also like to find any relevant equations to find the resistor values. This is proving rather difficult, I have been on many sites!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back