Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Op amp audio filter questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the burnt out bottom of a Mickey Mouse solderless breadboard?

So I've got this whole mess built and boxed and have tested it in the audio chain. And of course there are some problems that I could use help with.

IMG_20170528_111107589.jpg

There are actually a number of all-pass filters in the box:
1) Right channel gets an all-pass filter at 165 Hz with Q=5.
2) Left channel gets an all-pass filter at 500 Hz with Q=1.7.
3) Sub channel get an all-pass at 65 Hz with Q=1.5 followed by another all-pass at 86 Hz with Q=1.5.

I've got a few problems, the most glaring are associated with the right and left channel circuits. There's some pretty heavy distortion on substantially low and long loud bass notes (think dubstep), and there's some clipping going on in the upper ranges (maybe 1-3K Hz) on relatively clean tones. On the scope I've run about 3V sine waves from my laptop through the circuit from 50-10k Hz and don't see anything odd showing up. Generally it doesn't sound too bad, so if I could resolve the distortion issues it'd be a success I think.

Can you guys take a look at this circuit please and let me know if you see anything that might be causing problems? This is my first attempt at a project like this and the more I learn the more I find that I don't know. Thanks!

MFBP Delay Allpass left 5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back